11 Mar Sleep Disturbances & Disorders: Implications for Mental Health Treatment
Achieving adequate sleep quality and duration are imperative to overall emotional, mental, and physical health functioning. When sleep is disrupted or disturbed, many consequences can result.
This online training is designed to increase understanding of the causes, consequences, and interventions for persons who are impacted by sleep-related disturbances.
Empirically-based research findings will be presented throughout this training but most importantly, you will be offered a number of solutions that, if implemented, may improve overall mental health despite of the obstacles that impact the quality of sleep.
The topics covered will include:
- Trauma Exposure and Sleep Disturbances
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (NDD’s) and Sleep Disturbances
- How Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Impacts Sleep Health
- How Sleep Relates to Trauma and Promotes Resilience
- How Sleep Problems Impact Executive Functioning
- How Excessive Screen Time Impacts Sleep
- How Disruptive Behaviour & Attention Disorders in Children Impact Sleep
- COVID-19 and Sleep Disturbances – A Review for Mental Health Clinicians
- Childhood Bullying and Its Impacts on Sleep Health
- How Chronic Homelessness Impacts Sleep Function
This training will provide participants clinical knowledge and tools to:
1. Develop a working knowledge of the common causes and consequences associated with sleep disturbances.
2. Learn about intervention and treatment options.
3. Acquire a basic understanding of the existing empirical research related to the interventions that are effective in reducing sleep disturbances.
Mental Health Clinicians, Social Workers, Psychologists, Marriage & Family Therapists, Counselors, School Personnel, Youth Development Workers, and Healthcare Workers.
This online workshop will give you instant access to 11 sessions of video content, accessible via streaming on our website, as well as downloads for supplemental materials. You can view the course content in your own time, there is no time limit on access.
The duration of this workshop is 16 learning hours.
Please click the green ‘Mark Complete’ button on each module as you progress. A certificate of completion will be generated upon finishing the course and completing a short assessment quiz. If the certificate is not showing, please confirm you have marked all sections as ‘Complete’. Please consult your professional organisation/association to confirm whether you are able to claim any CPD points/hours for this online workshop.