- Learn how the two hemispheres of the brain process emotion differently and how to balance their activity
- Rewire the brain, tame the amygdala and create new brain habits
- Learn how dietary changes can tune up the brain to reduce anxiety
- Help Your Clients Relearn calmness and change the way they feel
In this training you will develop a new way of looking at the recovery process enabling you to move beyond the traditional theoretical school approach. You will learn how to use the Brain-Based Therapy approach to educate your clients, make the goals of treatment understandable and achievable, and how to move fast towards recovery.
Using a synthesized model of neuroscience, attachment theory and evidence-based treatment, you will learn how to more effectively help clients with anxiety disorders such as GAD, Panic Disorder, OCD, and PTSD.
Recent advances in neuroscience have increased our knowledge of how to help people with anxiety disorders. Brain-based approaches the synthesis neuroscience, evidence-based treatment, recovery, and attachment theory into a hybrid therapeutic model. This model helps identify which elements of the research are effective and which may be counter-productive. This approach envisions the therapeutic process as brain changing and necessary to change mood and behaviour. The model proposes moving beyond the theoretical school paradigm. The role that brain function plays in mood, memory and behaviour will be identified, including discussions on the difference between male and female brains, the middle aged brain and how alcohol affects the brain.
You will explore how you can use the most recent research on neuroscience to effectively help your clients who suffer from Anxiety Disorders, and how you can guide them through easy-to-complete exercises and accessible explanations, worksheets, reflective questions, and meditations.
- APS: Activities do not need to be endorsed by APS. Members can accrue 7 CPD hours by participating in this activity
- AASW: Members can accrue 7 CPD hours by participating in this activity
- ACA: Members can accrue 14 CPD points by participating in this activity
- PACFA: Members can accrue 7 CPD hours by participating in this activity
A certificate of attendance will be emailed to participants following the workshop.