14 Nov Compassion Fatigue And Burnout: Prevention And Resiliency For The Workforce
This seminar has been identified by hundreds of professionals as life changing, essential and exhilarating. Join Dr. Eric Gentry, a recognised leader in the area of compassion fatigue, and learn resiliency and prevention skills drawn from the Accelerated Recovery Program for Compassion Fatigue and Burnout. Learn practical self-regulation skills that are critical to your being maximally effective with your clients and improving treatment outcomes.
Learn powerful tools (the anti-bodies) that are critical for professional resiliency and integrate them into your practice immediately. Additionally, you will learn the techniques to teach and help your clients improve their lives. This training integrates the latest research and practice wisdom to help you reclaim the satisfaction, hope and inspiration of professional care giving.
This workshop is tailored for social workers, psychologists, nurses, counsellors, general practitioners, lawyers, housing and employment officers, youth workers, residential care workers, community and youth workers and other such professionals.
- Evidence-based resiliency training for professionals
- Compassion fatigue, secondary traumatic stress, vicarious traumatization, countertransference, burnout, caregiver stress … What you need to know
- Why self-care isn’t enough – the secrets of compassion resiliency
- Discover how to be stress free.
- Become significantly more effective in your work by integrating the simple components of this training
- Learn the 5 critical elements of professional resiliency
- Learn compassion resiliency skills drawn from the Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue – the only empirically-validated treatment for symptoms of compassion fatigue
- Learn the skills to sustain your longevity as a practitioner
- Powerful self-care tools to immediately integrate into your practice
- Understand the causes, treatment and prevention of compassion fatigue, burnout, secondary traumatic stress, caregiver stress, countertransference, and vicarious traumatization
- Explain how compassion fatigue erodes professional resiliency
- Implement skills for successful self-regulation
- Demonstrate an increased capacity to remain comfortable and maximally effective regardless of external demands
- Develop a personalized professional “moral compass” for the starting point for professional maturation and resiliency
- Implement simple, yet powerful, strategies to prevent the symptoms of Compassion Fatigue
- Create a self-directed, easy-to-use, personalised Professional Resiliency Plan
- Describe the importance of Self- versus Other.
- Validate care giving as integral component of professional resiliency
Eric Gentry, Ph.D., is an internationally-recognised leader in the study and treatment of compassion fatigue. Under Prof. Charles Figley’s direction, Gentry developed the Accelerated Recovery Program for Compassion Fatigue with Anna Baranowsky, Ph.D., and Kathleen Dunning.
In 1998, Gentry and Baranowsky introduced the Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist Training and have trained thousands of professionals towards this designation since that time. Gentry has worked with hundreds of practitioners following their work with disaster survivors. Dr.Gentry draws equally from his scientific study and from his rich history of 24 years as a professional therapist to provide this training. His commitment to his mission to assist professionals, helping them to become more effective with minimal symptoms is evident throughout this training.
Dr. Gentry was one of the original faculty members of the Traumatology Institute and later became the co-director of the International Traumatology Institute at the University of South Florida. He is the co-author of Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilisation and Recovery. He has a private clinical and consulting practice in Sarasota, Florida, USA, and is adjunct faculty at many universities.
This online workshop will give you instant access to 4 hours of video content, accessible via streaming on our website, as well as downloadable supporting materials
A certificate of completion will be generated upon finishing the course and completing a short evaluation quiz. Please consult your professional organisation/association to confirm whether you are able to claim any CPD points/hours for this online workshop.