30 May Deep State Hypnosis: Healing Solutions for Trauma and Psychobiological Transformation
Deep State Hypnosis is a leading-edge approach that takes the therapist’s skills to a new level.
Add additional power to your current clinical approach and make treatment more effective in a shorter period of time when you incorporate clinical hypnosis in your practice.
This course will demonstrate how to
- help clients make positive shifts in the most difficult of trauma experiences,
- learn the operating system of the body and brain,
- discover how to regulate the nervous system that impact emotions and perceptions, and
- create a process to spend more time in thriving.
Hypnosis is gentle, collaborative and powerful in eliciting lasting change in clients. Now you can join long-time Ericksonian-based practitioners, Drs. Carol Kershaw and Bill Wade, in this comprehensive online course where they draw on the resource-based approach of Ericksonian Tradition as well as modern brain science and neurology to provide you a step-by-step guide for applying hypnosis to your clinical practice.
Throughout the course, special emphasis will be given to understanding how trauma affects the brain and how hypnosis can be used to alleviate PTSD symptoms such as anxiety, depression, panic, insomnia, obsessive-compulsive behaviour and difficulty handling anger.
Whether you’re new to hypnosis or an experienced hypnotherapist, this unique training opportunity can improve both your competence and confidence in resolving entrenched trauma using clinical hypnosis.
Drs. Carol Kershaw and Bill Wade will show you step by step how you can use deep state hypnosis to bypass your client’s conscious limitations and enlist resources from the unconscious to help resolve trauma and physical ailments.
Through case examples, video clips, demonstrations, experiential exercises and hands-on experience, Kershaw and Wade will demystify and simplify hypnosis techniques so you can start using them with your clients immediately.
No prerequisite training is required.
- Apply recent neuroscience research to peer-reviewed trauma-effective interventions.
- Appraise trauma-based symptoms and their concomitant challenging mental states for intervention.
- Construct hypnotic interventions to dissolve trauma by utilizing the endocanabinoid system in the human nervous system.
- Assess the attentional style of client’s challenge.
- Integrate the neuroscience research on the function of delta frequency and trauma resolution.
- Evaluate the endocannabinoid system in treatment interventions.
- Revive simple biofeedback devices to augment therapy.
- Evaluate the ketamine-assisted psychotherapy research for use in trauma resolution.
- Determine how to shut down rumination with the visual system.
- Propose how reality shifts when a client experiences different states of mind.
Bill Wade, Ph.D. is Co-Director of the Milton H. Erickson Institute of Houston, and is accredited as both a marriage and family therapist and professional counsellor, holding supervisory status with both capacities.
He is a Clinical Fellow with the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and is a member and Approved Consultant with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis. Dr Wade is co-author of Brain Change Therapy: Clinical Interventions for Self-Transformation, published by WW Norton and The Worry-Free Mind, published by Career Press.
He is a long-time student of meditation and has taught at several Buddhist temples. He has presented workshops in Spain, Italy, and across the United States. He has been utilizing psychotherapy and clinical hypnosis for over 35 years.
Carol Kershaw, Ed.D. is Co-Director of the Milton H. Erickson Institute of Houston. She is an international trainer, author and psychotherapist running her private practice in Houston, Texas, USA. She is a member of the American Psychological Association, and an Approved Consultant for the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
She is board certified with the status of Fellow in EEG Biofeedback and the author of The Couple’s Hypnotic Dance and co-author of Brain Change Therapy: Clinical Interventions for Self- Transformation published by WW Norton and The Worry-Free Mind published by Career Press. She has been invited to speak for NASA, and she also presented in Saudi Arabia, Chile, Mexico, Spain, Canada, Italy as well as in the United States and in Australia.
This online workshop will give you instant access to 4 hours of video content, accessible via streaming on our website, as well as downloads for supplemental materials. You can view the course content in your own time, there is no time limit on access.
A certificate of completion will be generated upon finishing the course and completing a short evaluation quiz. Please consult your professional organisation/association to confirm whether you are able to claim any CPD points/hours for this online workshop.