28 Aug Strengthening Your Mindfulness Toolkit: Motivate, Teach, Make it Fun and Make it Stick
Research continues to show that mindfulness is an effective treatment for anxiety, depression, stress, pain relief, and many other ailments. As practitioners, we recommend Mindfulness to our clients as evidence-based treatment, but do we really know how to help our clients to use Mindfulness as a regular practice? Or, do we just tell our clients to practice Mindfulness, we recommend it, and then leave it at that? How do we motivate clients when they find Mindfulness too hard to stick to? And, most importantly, how do we teach children to use Mindfulness? Do we know how to present Mindfulness to our clients as an interesting and a dynamic practice that helps to change their brains for the better?
This unique workshop will take your current understanding of Mindfulness to the next level. You will be able to broaden your understanding of mindfulness know-how techniques to assist clients, not only in achieving mood regulation or inner peace, but also in motivating them when they find the regular practice of Mindfulness too difficult to stick to in the long term.
Join bestselling author, psychologist and international Mindfulness expert, Dr Christopher Willard in this dynamic and practical workshop on teaching mindfulness to clients, and making it stick. Dr Willard will be sharing proven practices that can be used by mental health workers, counsellors, psychologists, supervisors and other such professionals looking for creative ways to integrate mindfulness into their work. Mindfulness is more than just breathing, and so is this workshop. This practical workshop will focus on adapting mindfulness for individuals and groups, adults and children, in therapeutic, educational, medical and other settings. Special emphasis will be placed on engaging clients based on their issues and concerns, and best practices for helping them apply mindfulness in their daily lives. Dr Willard will use case study examples from his work in various agencies and in Harvard Medical School.
- Discover dozens of short and long practices for a range of presenting concerns
- Match the practice to the patient’s presenting concerns
- Learn strategies to get your clients practicing mindfulness on their own
- Transform resistant patients to clients with resilience and patience
- Create a culture of mindfulness in your own and your clients’ lives
- Harness technology to complement and reinforce mindfulness
- Learn how to make mindfulness interesting and dynamic for children and other client populations
- Teach clients to take control of their own mental health by developing long-term mindfulness habits for resilience.
- Learn simple practices to share with your clients
- Discover dozens of mindfulness skills for a range of clinical presentations, learning styles and motivations
- Adapt existing mindfulness curricula to your clients
- Learn the simple science and research underpinning mindfulness in psychotherapy, medicine and performance
- Gain strategies to help clients integrate mindfulness into daily life
- Enhance clinician performance, stress management, focus, and attunement and more with simple mindfulness techniques before and between clients
- Integrate mindfulness into a wide range psychotherapy orientations
Christopher Willard, Psy. D. is a psychologist and consultant specializing in mindfulness-based psychotherapies. He teaches at Harvard Medical School, and leads dozens of workshops each year, both in the USA and internationally. He is the author of the bestselling books on Mindfulness: Child’s Mind (2010), Growing Up Mindful (2016), and five other books on mindfulness, mental health, and related topics. While he works with a broad range of populations, he has written extensively on mindfulness with youth as an early intervention.
He has co-created a series of mindfulness, positive psychology and self-compassion card sets. He has been featured in The New York Times, CNN.com, Mindful Magazine and elsewhere. Dr Willard has been practicing mindfulness meditation for over 15 years.
This online workshop will give you instant access to 5+ hours of video content, accessible via streaming on our website. You can view the course content in your own time and re-watch as many times as you like. Note that access will expire 12 months after purchase.
A certificate of completion will be generated upon finishing the course and completing a short evaluation quiz. Please consult your professional organisation/association to confirm wheather you are able to claim any CPD points/hours for this online workshop.