20 May Treating Trauma Using Somatic Experiencing
Somatic Experiencing, created by legendary clinician, researcher and author Peter Levine (Ph.D.), is a method of treatment for trauma symptoms to develop nervous system regulation. The focus is on the mind-body connection. Somatic Experiencing incorporates the physical (somatic) sensations and experiences to process and integrate trauma.
Trauma is intrinsic to the body as the mind and your clients need more than traditional talk therapy from you.
- Help your clients get unstuck today.
- Achieve a deeper yet concise understanding of how trauma impacts both the body and mind.
- Learn and master the principles of the Somatic Experiencing to quickly reduce symptomology in your clients and treat the traumatic memories that haunt them.
Join thousands of therapists who have embraced somatic practices for treating PTSD, attachment injuries, sexual abuse, chronic pain and other forms of complex trauma. With 50 years of research and clinical work, Dr Levine’s body-oriented techniques are extensively honed into seminal books, research and psychotherapeutic advancements.
During this intensive self-directed course, Dr Tonya Miles, will give you step-by-step instructions to:
- release traumatic stress,
- access and release suppressed emotions,
- move through developmental plateaus… and
- more powerful interventions for treating trauma, building resilience and empowering your clients.
- State the difference between the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems and their role in symptom formation and resilience in trauma.
- Describe how to utilize tracking of the body’s nervous system as part of trauma treatment.
- Identify the differences between top-down vs. bottom-up processing and interventions.
- State at least two techniques for nervous system regulation.
The target audience for this event includes psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed counselors, MFT’s, and other clinical mental health professionals.
This online workshop will give you instant access to approximately 3 hours of video content, accessible via streaming on our website, as well as downloads for supplemental materials. You can view the course content in your own time, there is no time limit on access.
The duration of this workshop is 3 learning hours.
Please click the green ‘Mark Complete’ button on each module as you progress. A certificate of completion will be generated upon finishing the course and completing a short assessment quiz. If the certificate is not showing, please confirm you have marked all sections as ‘Complete’. Please consult your professional organisation/association to confirm whether you are able to claim any CPD points/hours for this online workshop.